Freedom Day
This day gives us a moment to remember our country's incredible journey and share it with family and friends.
Today, I do none of that, it's a day of rest and reflection. I avoid the fireworks and crowds, just because it scares the beejeebers out of my dog(s.) My old Boston Terrier, Bella, was terrified and would jump, hide, claw her way to anywhere safe, usually my head, so that conditioned me to find a quiet place.
I'm very blessed to have spent the last 10+ years on a wonderful journey and adventure. This chapter is coming to a close, and a new one will await. It always does.
I'm not the same person I was 10 years ago, and I am grateful for that. Taking risks and fear changes a person. There's no way to come out of storm as the same person. I need a rest. That's where I'll be....resting.
![]() |
| Peaceful sunrise. |
| Little Elvis |

No comments:
Post a Comment