Saturday, December 23, 2017

The Gift Exchange

December 23rd 2017 - Saturday
Somehow, someway, I became party planner at work.  It always starts out as a way for me to get out of doing actual work, and then it typically turns out with me in charge because I always show up to the meetings.

This year, it was the "Thieving Elves Gift Exchange, The Faked or Baked food contest, and The Cubicle Decorating Contest."  Considering I have never done any of these types of events, it was a bit ambitious for me. 

I really don't follow rules so getting everyone on board was like herding cats.  "The gift can be stolen twice and then that gift is locked."  Some people wanted the gifts to remain wrapped, a couple wanted the gifts to be exchanged via a Christmas poem, and two people didn't show up because the food truck was there.

By the time everyone had left for the day, I had the Christmas decorations, almost gone in the entire department area. 

Time to move on people.  It's a new year.

Photos from last week in the park:

Get the birds Marley.
Elvis...please don't eat the cigarette butt.
My cubicle decorating 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment