Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Rolling hills....

Feb. 4th, 2015
I'm settled in for my first snow storm in a long, long while.  Of course, .5 inches of snow is not much but I guess it is for this part of the country, Missouri.  I'm from the rocky mountains, snow was usually about 6 inches or more to be considered a real snow storm.

Notes:
Amarillo Texas - whoa doggy, it was windy and cold.  There was a south wind all the way through the Texas panhandle and I was glad to arrive in Oklahoma for the night.

Oklahoma City, OK - you are a very beautiful city but your interstate through downtown is quite bumpy and the worst I have come across in my travels. It was good to see construction so I hope things improve for y'all.

Tulsa, OK -  beautiful city, but I drove by so fast, I blinked and it was in my rear view mirror quickly.

Oklahoma - What's up with all the toll roads requiring exact change and no place to get coins?  I ran out of change somewhere along the turn pike but managed to make up for it at the end.

Joplin Missouri - the visitor center at the state line - AMAZING!  There's an angel there who greeted me a smile and a warm welcome.  Without her precise directions, I would have a much harder time finding the motel in Maryland Heights.

Visitor Center at the state line.
Missouri - I have never seen so many rolling hills in my life.  I watched my GPS and the elevation, go back and forth, up and down.  Not to mention, horrible gas miles.  

Saint Louis, MO - huge city, but very beautiful.  I arrived during rush hour traffic and with my directions, I was checked in about 7:30 pm and probably asleep a little bit later.

The uHaul is empty and turned in.  Tomorrow the job hung begins.  I'm putting a time limit on it, and if it doesn't work out, well, tally-ho.  I'll be on my way.

Beautiful sunset as I made my way through Missouri.
#St. Louis #Missouri #Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment