Tuesday, October 27, 2020

The Heron

 October 27th 2020 - Tuesday

Elvis spent the day sleeping, and not moving much.  The visit to the vet yesterday, took it out of the poor little guy.  The vaccinations make it impossible to touch him without him squeaking in pain.  Sometimes I wonder if those shots are worth it, but if I want to fly anywhere, he needs to be up to date on his vaccines.

Since he is out of service, I have a few minutes to go through the weekend photos.  It's been tough finding any good photo opportunities.  I'm not sure where all the birds, water fowl and other critters are hiding.  Maybe the heat has kept them in their hiding spots.  It's cooling off, so hopefully things get better.

The Heron
Spotted this little heron, hiding in the reeds.
I love how they look, hunkering down.

I think the most fun I have is when it's a crappy day for photos, great wandering with Elvis, and then I find a little critter, hiding in the shadows.  I spotted this heron from way up on the bank.  I wasn't sure what it was, sometimes it's garbage, but this time, I got lucky.  It's a hunkering heron.  Always cool.



No comments:

Post a Comment