Sunday 10.25.2020
Elvis and I took a road trip today, actually just a long morning drive. We were headed to Quartzite when the road turned into a rolling up and down road. The last two times I took Elvis on those types of road, he threw up both times.
Sure, it's fun for me, racing along, pretending it's a roller coaster, with the A/C blowing on me. Elvis, sitting in the passenger, the trusty co-pilot wingman, is not so lucky. He can't see outside, and just feels the up and down motion. Puke happens.
I turned around and we headed out to Martinez Lake. It's really interesting to drive through a desert, on a bumpy old dirt road, and come over a hill to see a body of water. There were very few trees, RVs parked everywhere, covered in dust, and most had old boats next to them. I think these folks are living out there, dry camping except for their RVs.
There were also a bunch of park models in an RV park, and some type of resort. People had old shacks set up, and right next to it, a brand new home was going up, 3 stories high. What the heck. Who knew that in the middle of the desert, this kind of community was there. I think this would be classified as a desert beach community, and I think it's a very conservative community.
I was going to look around, but it was so crowded, and dusty. Not a good place to explore with Elvis. Still too hot for him, and I didn't feel like it was worth my time. I wouldn't mind going back to check out the lake, but if it's just a desert lake, it's really not going to hold my attention long.
It was a long windy drive back, and the dust comes off the fields, making the sky dirty and grey. Later we walked over by the river. At least we had some time out and about, enjoying the cooler weather.
No photos of the lake. I couldn't see it through all the RVs and shacks.
![]() |
| From my bicycle ride last Friday Ugh, that was a long stretch of dirt and tractor road ruts. |

No comments:
Post a Comment