I had just finished my lunch when a reminder popped up my Outlook calendar. "Don't forget your lunch with the Top Performers and CEO."
Ah crap! I'm glad I eat light meals, because this was not going to turn out well if it was a big lunch.
I hustled over to the BBQ place, and it was typical, dark and reeking of slow simmering meat. Not my favorite smell, but it has a nice patio. I thought I would make it out with just my standard chicken wings with the sauce on the side. That way I can pretend to dip the wings in the sauce.
The CEO sat across from me and promptly ordered a sampler plate, with me and the young lady next to him, sharing it. He ordered two.
Appetizers were deep fried brisket spring rolls, and I tried one small "bread" stick. I had two of the spring rolls, which I could tell, the oil it was deep fried in, was fresh, and not used over and over again.
All and all, it wasn't too bad. I haven't eaten anything since, and I doubt I will until tomorrow morning. It was a good restaurant with fresh food, so my body should survive all these foreign foods I don't eat any more.
I think I have left overs to share with the dogs, so they will be thrilled.
![]() |
| The Cat She appears to be relaxed? I can never tell. |

No comments:
Post a Comment