Sunday, July 5, 2020

The July 4th Holiday 2020

July 5th 2020
This was a typical Fourth of July holiday for me.  This means I avoid the traffic and explosions, so I hunker down at home, with my dog(s) and The Cat, hoping the house or building doesn't catch on fire.

Since all the fireworks were cancelled, many of the neighbors had their own private party. The Cat ran for her safe place when the neighbors started, and Elvis sat on my lap.  Amazingly, he was not as disturbed as the Cat.  Eventually, she ended up in the middle of the bedroom, eyes wide open, looking at me like the world was coming to an end.  2020 isn't finished yet, and we still have an election coming up, so hold on tight Cat, you may be correct.

After hiking Tumamoc Hill, I spent the evening taking photos at the Wetlands.  It was hot and the breeze was not cooling anything off.  I left after I heard the first firework explode in the distance.  Plus, it was just damn hot.  The birds were just coming out, and I got a few good shots on the way back to the car.

Blue heron
I'm not sure what type of heron this is, but it caught a frog.
It dropped it when he/she saw me.

Someone might be molting?  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment