Where was I when 9-11 happened? Working at GB when I got a phone call from Liz about planes crashing into buildings. The Internet crashed after that, and it was impossible to find any website that was able to show streaming footage. Someone brought up the TV into a conference, and some how we all rigged up a makeshift antenna to watch the live feeds. I still get a sick feeling in my stomach thinking about it.
Back to today. I watched a video last night by Simon Sinek, I think that's how he spells his name. He spoke about how there are two games being played in business. One game is someone trying to beat the competition, and win, win, win! The other game, is infinite and there is no winner or no end to the game. (He explains it much better than I.)
I realized I've been playing the infinite game. There is no end for me, it's just constant improvement to get better and survive, basically outlast everyone else. Most people are just working so they can retire, and the game is over.
I've never thought I would ever be able to retire, rather I would just drop over dead one day. Go figure.
I'm still thinking about this video and concept. As a typical over thinker, I'm sure I'll over ponder it too, but hopefully I'll gather some more personal insight.
Photo from the past two weekends.
| Marley's in there somewhere. |
No comments:
Post a Comment