Saturday, September 9, 2017

Summer Studies

September 9th, 2017 - Saturday
Every summer I try to learn something new.  A few years ago, I bought some pens, a sketch pad, and I started doodling and drawing.  I found out I was pretty good.

I stopped drawing in seventh grade, when the art teacher told me I was "doing" it wrong.  "Draw a line, not this dabbing here and there."  Oh, well, I thought I was shading while I was drawing.

I started studying photography this past July.  Since I don't have a fancy camera, just the iPhone, I focused on composition mostly, and mastering lighting.

I took this photo this morning when a folk of geese flew over.  When I got home, I realized it was a really great show with the V form of the ducks, and the moon in the top left corner.  Not bad for a rookie.

I put my name on this photo, because when I get better, I can go back and look at this as a reminder to keep going.  Keep learning, keep improving.

The Snowbirds are back.
Okay, so it's really The Snow fowls are back


No comments:

Post a Comment