November 11th, 2020 - Wednesday - Veterans Day
A mandatory day off, so that left me wandering around, wondering what to do. I'm sure there were lot's of activities out there, but alas, this seems to be one of my least favorite day offs. I appreciate all the service the military folks have done, but I mostly remember all the moms, spouses, partners and the kids, that also are involved in the whole process. It's a tough life for entire families.
Beautiful day, so Elvis and I spent the morning wandering around, but most of the animals seemed to have the day off also. I did meet a fellow taking photos using his cell phone with a long lens attached. It was very cool, and he was very chatty, so he share his photos. Yes, we both wore masks.
It was a nice afternoon, so we went back but the place was crawling with people and kids. Everyone was enjoying the cooler temperatures and bright sunshine.
Here is the only good photo of the day.
![]() |
| A Phainopepela, part of the flycatcher family. I think. |

No comments:
Post a Comment