Monday, October 23, 2017

The Neighbor

Oct. 23rd 2017 - Monday
I don't know what the guy's name is, but I always saw him walking over to the Circle K.  He always had a cane with him, and he hated dogs.  I could tell.  He made sure he tighten his cane any time he walked by us, so I always made sure the pull the dogs off the side walk, and smiled, of course.  It didn't help.  He just glared at the dogs.

A couple weeks ago, he stopped, and asked about Little Elvis.  "What kind of dog is he?"  A schnorkie, which meant I had to explain what a schnorkie was actually.  He wasn't as creepy up close and personal.  He's about my age, not young, not old, with wild grey/blond beach blond hair.

He hates dogs, but he said he likes my dogs, especially Elvis.  I think he watches from the balcony as we walk by, and notices that my dogs don't bother the stray cats.  In fact, they typically give the cat a sniff and want to play a bit.  The cat(s) are usually not amused.

A pit bull almost killed him 15+ years ago.  He was walking on a small path in Huntington Beach California, when it happened.  The dog was on a leash but still attacked him.  It went for his neck, but got his face, and then took a bite out of his leg.  Ripped it out, actually, and took the main artery with it.  He almost bled to death in the ambulance, and he woke a week later wondering what happened.  They replaced the artery with a cadaver or pig's artery, I'm not sure which one. 

I saw him tonight.  He was washing his old Chevy Camaro by hand, underneath the car port.  We talked cars for a few minutes, and he said, "Hey Little Elvis, how you doing?"

Great job Elvis, you won over the guy.

Who can resist that face.
Buddies.

No comments:

Post a Comment