Sunday, April 16, 2017

Easter 2017

April 16th, 2017
The arrival of Easter was always a sign of spring when I was growing up.  Actually, it was hearing the first robin, singing outside of my window, on the last remaining school days of the year.

Today, I spent the early morning walking with the dogs at the park, making sure I got there before all the people arrived to spend the day celebrating.  One woman was already decorating the cabana and bringing out the food.

I'm very grateful for this area, and all the wonderful wildlife that is so abundant in this crowded, overgrown city.  On this morning, I spotted squirrels, rabbits, quail, so many birds, including the chattering Love Birds.  Even the Canadian geese made an appearance, heading North, honking as they flew over head.

The wild flowers are not producing any more blooms, we need more rain for that.  The wild grass is turning brown, but still is giving off a rich smell of morning dew.

I listened to a video today, and the thing that stuck in my mind was this:  "The last mile is the always the hardest."

It's a tough time right now, but maybe it's the last mile for me, at least for this current marathon I'm on. There's always a new path, a new race, a new adventure, or a new whatever, on the horizon, but who really knows.  I'll just hang tough for the last mile.

Today's morning adventure photos:

The morning air was fresh and clean.
Hey Marley!  This is what she gave me.
Elvis is running off in the back ground.
The Canadian geese fly by.
I didn't have time to focus the camera.
One of the Love Birds, hanging out on the path.

SQUIRREL!

No comments:

Post a Comment