Saturday, January 28, 2017

Go with Throttle Up

January 28th, 2017
Twenty plus years ago was when the Challenger Space Shuttle exploded on launch.  "Go with throttle up," was the phrase from Mission Control right before it exploded.
Here's a good link to what happened:  The History Channel - Challenger Explosion
That tragedy is one of those days when almost all of us remember where and what we were doing when we heard the news.

I was playing tennis at the OAC (Ogden Athletic Club,) and I heard the news as I finished my match. There was a big TV in one of the big rooms in the second level of the club, so we all raced up there to watch.  I couldn't stay and watch long since I raced off to work.  At work, we only radio but we listened all day.  Very sad.

Seven people lost there lives that day, and the company that made many of the components of were made in locally in Utah.  Many of our neighbors worked there and were greatly affected.  A rough situation for everyone involved and the entire country was devastated.

Today was a beautiful day and a great day for a drive and walk.  First up, the drive up to Carefree to pick up medicine from the Vet for Little Elvis.  He's doing better but the cough just doesn't want to let up.  After giving him a good dose of meds and a nap for all of us, we wandered off for a nice walk.
We had a great time wandering around the park and the field.  (Video to follow, once it uploads to You Tube.)

Marley and Elvis.
It's always a struggle when the grass is taller than you.

Have a great day everyone.  Be kind and be gracious.

No comments:

Post a Comment