Saturday, December 10, 2016

December 10th, 2016

Saturday
A lazy day, but I thought I would get the day started early so I could hit up the cell phone store.
Note:  The carrier shall remain nameless here.

The handsome young men were quite friendly and commented about how happy I was this morning.
As it turns out, the demo iPhone I was interested was stolen a few days ago.  Yes, while the sales team was busy, someone used wire cutters and walked out the door with both new versions of the iPhone 7.

Such thievery did no good because both phones were disabled and are rendered useless.  Idiots.

Anyway, my mood quickly changed when the only "discount" was $36 for my old iPhone.  I wished the young men well, and out the door I went.  Suri quickly located the customer service phone number.

I won't go into details but the poor retention fellow listened to my rant about my 9+ year loyal patronage and I am offered a measly $36.  Pfffft......!

My new phone will be here in 6 business days.  :)

The homeless camp is in the grove behind Marley.
This looks like the typical "Marley in the park" photo, but this is one of two homeless camps.  The occupants leave during the day but come back at night.
It's interesting how it is designed.  They have dug into the ground and created dirt wind breaks.  It is also well disguised with branches which still have leaves, and also includes a cheap blue tarp.  I'm tempted to go buy a cheap tent from Wal Mart.  It's cold at night.

Wild life even in this cement filled city.  
Enjoyed a meandering bicycle ride, and the bike path was busy today with many people enjoying the weather.  Thankfully the beach cruiser handled all my evasive maneuvers well.

The sage in my tiny chiminea.
It was really cranking out the smoke and I thought the fire alarm might go off.

No comments:

Post a Comment