January 9th 2020 - Thursday
It's been snowing on and off since yesterday, so the mountain trails get muddier and muddier. Perfect mountain goat weather!
I managed to find the Bonneville Shoreline Trail, which people have been asking me about. I'm not sure where it starts but I found a starting point in Willard Canyon. Maybe it's the end or maybe it's actually the beginning.
It was very steep and slick from the frozen snow and ice. A few of the local hikers have been using it, and many take their dogs with them, which is surprising since it's such a small single track trail. Actually more of a deer trail, but a mountain bike can definitely be used also. Go to You Tube and search for a video of it. Contact me if you can't find it.
 |
| The start of the trail. As you can see, very slick and icy. |
 |
| Folks have cut through a grove of junipers, which makes for a cool look. |
 |
| More junipers, maybe half way through where I was going to exit the trail. |
 |
| Found the old telephone poles in the canyon (hard to see in this photo.) |
 |
| Finally, the sunset shot. Almost to where I exit the trail and head home. |
No comments:
Post a Comment