The Opposite of Anger is Patience
This morning, I picked up the book, "Infinite Life - Awakening to the Bliss Within" by Robert Thurman.
Chapter 6 - Patience - page 168. Yes, the chapter on patience!
What does it cover......"the self preoccupation habit in terms of our everyday behaviors. ...our primal "I am" sense that focuses our attention on ourselves and condition here and now...
...our thoughts circle around in our head... "What will I do to move ahead?" "What is hurting me?" "What is stopping me?" "What is threatening me?" "What is depriving me?"
......All very normal and natural to us, instinctual, habitual and yet so selfish, plain and simple." (p. 170)
The problem: "Anger ....the foremost destroyer of our peace of mind." (p. 170)
The Solutions: "Meditation....use trying situations to practice your patience." p.202-204
"Tolerance is strength. Patience is cheerfulness. Forgiveness is calm, calculated responsiveness to negativity, joyful in the security of total resilience." p.205
I look forward to finishing up this book, and this will resonate with me forever: "The opposite of anger is patience."
Check your local library for the book or click on the image above to buy it from Amazon. I couldn't find it in a Kindle version or ebook.
Be Kind....
Peace
SMB
