Wednesday, January 1, 2014

The Non Toxic Diet


  • Eat organic foods whenever possible.
  • Drink filtered water.
  • Rotate Foods, especially common allergens such as milk products, eggs, wheat and yeast foods.
  • Practice food combing (I think this means carbs with proteins, etc.)
  • Eat a natural, seasonal cuisine.
  • Include fruits, vegetables, whole grains, legumes, nuts, and seeds, and, for omnivarians, some low or non fat dairy products, fresh fish (not shellfish), and organic poultry.
  • Cook in iron, stainless steel, glass or porcelain cookware.
  • Avoid or minimize red meats, cured meats, organ meats, refined foods, canned foods, sugar salt, saturated fasts, coffee, alcohol, and nicotine.
From the book:
The How To & When to Guide for Cleansing the Body of Sugar, Nicotine, Alcohol, Caffeine, Chemicals and More
Author: Elson M. Haas M.D.
First published 1997

I found this book while cleaning today, and I've been eating this way since 2008 or 2009.  I think I bought this book in the early 2000 or something.  Wish I would have read it and actually done something about my diet then.  It would have saved me and my body years of destruction!